Wednesday, March 24, 2010

FINALLY!!!!

I just received a phone call from Acorda. Her name is Lisa and she said 'your benefits have been approved, you copay is $3.30 for a 90 day supply and your pharmacy is Accredo'. I am one step closer to acctually receiving this med!! I have had some extra time to think, I am not rethinking taking but I am rethinking taking it. Here's where I am at. My neuro says I'll know within 5 days if it works. . .okay. . . extended use MAY allow it to work better but I think if I don't see something almost immediately I will stop.

As I said before, I try to cleanse and live all natural, this is gonna change that but I still won't take the muscle relaxers. Is there anyone you know that is 'holistic' or someone out there that takes Boswellia (Indian frankincense). For those of you who don't know what it is, it helps with the inflammation, rather than a constant supply of ibuprophen (pure chemicals). The inflammation is the reason I am so stiff. If I could find something to reduce the swelling I would be in GREAT shape!

In other news. . . .my new shoes should be here today! YAY!! I cannot wait to get a great sunny day to wear my dress and my new wedges. . . .woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. this is GREAT news! One step closer!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna SotiropoulosApril 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM

    HEllo,

    I got a call today from Accredo and mine will be here on Wed, I am a little like you about taking medication.

    I think there should be a web site just for the people that are starting the medication to see how everyone does.

    ReplyDelete